Most humane way to butcher fruit/vegetables to avoid causing them pain?

it may sound silly but on some off chance they can feel/think is there a best way to chop them to limit the suffering or mental aguish/stress for them thx 

Updated 6 days ago:

since i dont want to go to hell

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 days ago

I hate to break it to you but...Once they have been ripped kicking and screaming from the ground they are dead. 

Now you can play Superman and reverse this process to some degree. 

Carrot tops, cut them off with about 1/2 inch of carrot and place in water and the tops will grow.  You can use the carrot tops as you would parsley or dill. 

Green onions.  Cut the root off with about 1/4 of the onion and place that in water.  The tops will grow and you can cut green onion for salads or stir fry. 

You can do the same with Romain lettuce, celery and a few other veggies.  But the pay off is not worth the effort or counter space. 

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    6 days ago

You're right. It definitely does sound silly.

• 6 days ago

Give them a real special night the night before, then tell them to imagine the rabbits or look at the flowers and when they're not looking... you come up behind them and start slicing and dicing.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    6 days ago

Since the umbilical cord was severed when they were 'Picked', they are dead by now. Not to worry. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • They felt the pain at harvest. By the time they are in your home, they are dead.

• 6 days ago

Vegetables don't have brains so can't think.

They also don't have central nervous systems, so I think you are good.

• Anonymous
    6 days ago

They don’t have brains , hearts .. don’t make noises . I think they’ll be happy they are being eaten actually knowing they fulfilled their purpose in life 

• 6 days ago

Give them a shot of Valium first to relax them! It works for me.

• 6 days ago

Fruits don’t have a nervous system or nerves so it doesn’t feel any pain. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.