Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

My friend made an odd statement thoughts?

My friend and I were at a coffee shop. We are both are in our 30’s and these 3 teenagers were acting a bit obnoxious in front of us. She made a comment which I found a little weird. She said “those are probably the obnoxious popular kids.” I asked her what she was talking about. She said you could tell because they all had nice hair. She told me people with nice hair are generally more attractive. She said those with “frizzy or really curly hair” are generally less attractive and were likely outcasts growing up. I’ve never really heard anyone tell me that before and I found it interesting to think about. Now that I think about it ....a lot of that people who were “outcasts” growing up did have very frizzy and thick hair.  My hair has always been dark brown and naturally straight. I was not an “outcast” growing up but I was also not the “most popular” I played volleyball and mostly stuck with my friends on the volleyball real. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? I just never had anyone tell me that before. My friend was a little larger in high school, she had frizzy hair and was a bit of an “outcast” in school. I still hung out with her though. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Simply ignore any bizarre comments made and keep living q

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• 1 month ago

No, those were poorly-bred PUNKS being raised by INCOMPETENT parents.  What I would do - and HAVE done on several occasions - is call them out and correct them myself - and often times it's been IN FRONT of their parents!

• 1 month ago

You're too kind. Please accept the fact those spoiled brats were not acting. THEY ARE OBNOXIOUS.

• 1 month ago

I don't judge people based on their looks or their hair.  There's a lot more to a person than those two things - way way more! 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I came from the hippie era where the more wild and frizzy your hair was, the cooler you were. Unless you had long very straight hair. Yep. Those two extremes were highly revered! 

• Chanel
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Not true. It's the person inside who counts.

If a person is nice and trustworthy and doesn't repeat things about people then people will warm to her.

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

One of my daughters friends mothers, spent big bucks and time. On straightening her daughters hair. She said the same sort of things you are in this question. I think it's nuts and sends the wrong message to the kid.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Straight haired girls usually were more popular at my school... especially if they had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. Curly brown haired girls were too but mostly just straight hair.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

She’s an idiot and you struggle to understand simple concepts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.