Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 months ago

What’s your opinion on women that “falsely” accuse Men of rape or harassment ?

This is one of the primary reasons why many Men don’t like working with women or simply don’t date or marry women anymore, they are scared of being accused of rape/harassment/sexual assault 

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

IMHO there should be more legal repercussions for those who file false police reports. In the workplace there should be more thorough investigations before careers are ended. However, in the case of media personalities you're really only as employable as the fans you can draw in. So it does make business sense to maybe not invest a bunch of money into an actor who's just recently been outed for embracing cannibalism in his DMs...as just one real world example. But media jobs are different from "civilian" jobs so the standards should be different accordingly. 

• ?
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

They should be named and shamed, and their identity made public so that men are warned to steer cleear.

• 3 months ago

I believe the vast majority of women would not engage in such behavior. First of all, it is illegal and such actions come back to bite you; 2) The bigger issue is that when harassed or assaulted the tendency has been in the other direction--not reporting, hence all the campaigns to encourage women to report such occurrences, and 3) There is always a small percentage of any population men, women, it doesn't matter who would lie, cheat or manipulate their way to some advantage--also known loosely as sociopathic behavior. Those are the really scary people. (A psychologist friend of mine says the motto of such people is: I'd just as soon kill ya as look at ya--and they would!)

If you are fearful of working with women, associating, or let alone dating because you fear a false allegation, then I have two questions: what sort of women are you associating with and what's up with you that you have these fears?

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

They should be given mandatory life sentence for that zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• ?
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

its against the law to say false accusations , more fun in sueing them for a few million ..

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Why did you put "falsely" in quotes? A false accusation of rape is a false accusation of rape, that means it did not happen and the accuser is a liar.

Serial liar Jemma Baele from London was sentenced to prison, but only after she had falsely accused *15* men of either rape or sexual assault.

My opinion is false rape liars should be put in prison for even just one false accusation. It shouldn't have to take 15 men's lives to be ruined before the police actually do something about her.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47738...

And yes I agree, this (along with other factors such as men being screwed by divorce courts) is indeed a reason why more men are staying single, or "MGTOW" (men going their own way).

• 3 months ago

Why is the word "falsely" in quotation marks? 

• 3 months ago

They're liars; it appears they just want to get on the bandwagon.

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Well that's not ever been said to me by any of the men I know, none of who have ever been accused of rape, harassment or sexual assault.  Maybe it's because they treat women with respect, without any difficulty.

Of course some women make false accusations, as do some men, I suspect far than this number never report these incidents because they fear losing their job and how it would damage their future job prospects.

• 3 months ago

"What’s your opinion on women that “falsely” accuse Men of rape or harassment ?"

Not very highly.  Why would anybody like a person that falsely accuses anybody of a crime they didn't commit?  Especially rape with its propensity to completely take down a man's reputation just by accusation alone ... never mind the actual probability of going to jail and suffering the consequences there if the false accusation is spun around to be rendered as viable in a court of law.

Unless someone hates all men, why would they go along with the false accusation of rape against men?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.