Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 month ago

Is trade school a good option for someone who was not mechanically inclined in the past?

Assuming a person graduated high school with no knowledge of cars, vehicles, or any other kind of mechanical work and they wanted to study to work with mechanics, is trade school a good idea or should that idea be abandoned?

The only thing you need to worry about is whether the course you want to take will result in an occupation that you can still see yourself working at in 10 years time. If you want to take up auto mechanics or what have you, the school will ensure that you will understand everything you need to know in order to pass and be certified. Maybe it would be good to go into the course with an understanding of what you are doing, but it isn't necessary at all.

• OTTO

If you are able to work with your hands, then you should be okay. Some people just can't work with their hands.

• James

I started off knowing nothing about electrical but they were willing to teach me and I am picking up quick. Not having worked on cars or anything really before will leave you at a disadvantage but as long as the guy teaching you is patient and you are willing to learn it, I think it would be a great idea