Can someone tell the size of paper by looking at it digitally ?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    2 months ago

i'm guessing you are talking about either wanting to see if something is the size of a sheet of paper, or if it is a higher or lower quality, so that when you print it, it will not be small or blurry.

either way, if you cannot tell, you can always save the image to your computer, then look at the Properties of the file.

picture files don't have a size in inches, as they are not physical. they use "pixels", which are the dots on your screen. the more dots it uses, the higher quality the picture, and the better it will look when printed. generally, to fill a sheet of paper, i recommend larger than 1000x1000 pixels. not many people use pictures that big, as they don't intend people to print them.

some use multiple pictures: one to display, and another for more detail. to be sure you get the bigger pne, click the picture before you download it. if it looks bigger than your screen, then it will probably print well.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If we're talking about the same digital way, simply go to page properties and see the size there.

If you meant by just looking at a picture of that page then no. Even with pictures of paper printed from film wouldn't make that easy unless a ruler was set beside the paper. Angles of view and lens distortion will make sure that dimensions differ depending on how far that part is from the lens.

• I'm sure there's someone out there who claims to possess such ability. I'd take it with a pinch of a grain of salt if such claims were made.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.