How Texans Differ From Other Americans?

How Texans Differ From Other Americans

As an OTR trucker who has been to every state and most of Canada but not Hawaii, Texas is huge. Mostly desert. There is a LOT of crime in some areas, little in others. One time I got stuck about 20 miles north of Dallas/Ft Worth for 4 days because the employer would not allow me to dead head back north, I had to have a load., I stayed at a Comfort Inn for day 3 and 4 because my back was killing me and I needed sleep. This was in Plano. I drank a lot of spring water, OJ and had a beer. Ate lightly, but we'll. I got a bit sunburned at the pool. The people were very much the same as everywhere. The most remarkable thing is even in a suburb like Plano you can get a nice hotel room for about $60. Erie, PA too. In most coastal cities $60 gets a 1 star dump or maybe a 2 star far from any city.

Not possible at all near NYC, DC or LA. Even if I have to drive 50 miles for free to get a load, I can't afford those cities and many times would sleep in the truck berth either. Too loud. A little risky.

I have met friendly people everywhere,  But I have to say, a lot of people I have met who have spent some time in Texas, have said  " I would love to live in Texas".

• Funnel

Gotdemolecowboys,man

They have bigger hats.

Not as much as some popular mythology would like to indicate. The cowboys, cattle, and oil wells saga gets old after a while and is only about 30-50 years out of date. The state is loaded with transplants from all over the US and it has a large immigrant population. Even though the three states scream bloody murder when it is said, California, Florida and Texas are more alike with each other than with most other states, especially in their urban areas. Outside of that, all three have screwy politics, just screwy in different ways. 

• ?

Their heads, especially the mouth, is much bigger.

They don't. If there is any difference at all, it's that people from Texas have managed to convince themselves that Texas is in some way different from the rest of the country. They like to see themselves as being a breed apart and their state as having a distinct identity, but Texas is nothing special compared to other states and the people who live there are Americans, just like the people living in the other 49 states in the union.       

Actually a lot of people in Texas were born in other states.  You can't throw all Texans in the same cookie jar.

There seems to be some strange phenomenon going on that people believe just because you live on one side of a made up geopolitical line that you are somehow different from other people. I will tell you that there is a much larger difference in overall community attitudes between a north Texas town and Houston than there is between a north Texas town and a town nearby in Oklahoma.

• hihi!

Texans go blind two inches past their nose.