Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Is it possible for I, a high school senior, to go to my dream school if my GPA is too low (1.6, you need 2.0)?

It requires a 2.0 GPA, minimum. I'm a senior and almost ready to graduate. But mostly got D's, very few C's or higher and 6 F's. 

Is it feasible for ME, a secondary school senior,

I'm a senior and practically prepared to graduate, however I generally have D's, not many C's or higher, and 6 F's.

Not with your GPA - or sentence structure.

just go for it...submit your application! who knows the university will give you a chance...some universities do that sometimes giving underachievers a chance and there are times where those underachievers doing greater in the university compared to those who are excellent.

Is it possible for ME, a high school senior,  . . . 

I'm a senior and almost ready to graduate, but I mostly have D's, very few C's or higher, and 6 F's. 

Not with your GPA --- or grammar.

• fcas80

Visit the website of your dream school and look for admission requirements.

If you do not meet the requirements, aim a little lower.

Possible, yes. Likely... probably not. However, if your SAT and ACT scores and close to perfect with an outstanding college essay, they might let you in. Just make sure you spend lots of time perfecting your essay and take SATS serious. I will warn you, don’t be discouraged if you don’t get in. Make sure you have a safe school (some schools have 100 percent acceptance rates, apply to a few of them) Also, please put your all into college, and don’t repeat the mistakes you made in high school.

Most universities require a 2.0 high school GPA to even be considered for admission. That doesn't mean you'll be accepted if the other applicants have higher grades and test scores. The only way to get to your "dream school" is to start out in community college and get decent grades (preferably B's or higher). You can then apply to your dream school as a transfer. Most universities do not require transfer students to submit high school grades or SAT/ACT scores; they only require your college transcript and maybe an essay statement. So that's your best chance of going to your dream school. Since you didn't develop good study skills in high school, don't take too many community college classes at once. Start out with two or three classes and do well in those before taking a full course load.

• garry

maybe as a janitor ..lol

It's "for me", not "for I". 

That's like 4-year-old stuff.

What pathetic school allows you to graduate when you cannot even earn a 2.0 GPA for high school? For whatever reason, you cannot or will not perform to the most mediocre standards in high school. So college level work is totally beyond your capacities. You simply do not have the educational background, study skills, dedication, or any other requirements to succeed in college.

If you dream school is community college, then yes.  

A university may have the minimum require of a 2.0 to apply. That doesn’t mean you would be accepted with a 2.0 gpa.

1.6 will not get you into any university. You can go to a community college. I will guess they will require you to take a placement exam and possibly take remedial math and English classes first. I you may find CC classes hard. These remedial classes are a good way to start.