Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Killing mice?

I have mice under my floor. I keep on having to seal tiny cracks when l see their little clawing out and in evidence. I border and seal but they are forever scratching, constantly to try and find another way in, they just dont give up, for over half a yest now. Shall l open a hole and drop loads of chocolate covered poison down there? One guy let the mouse in and trapped it then let it outside. I don't really want to do that. I just want them gone from under the floor. Suggestions. 

• ?
    Favorite Answer

If you use a mouse poison it kills the mouse via internal bleeding and forces them out to find a water source here they usually die. Snap trapping them  will eventually get rid of them too. But catch and release is IDIOTIC!

6 days ago

The humane way is catch and release. If you want mice to stay away for good get a cat

Open a hole and drop a cat in.

Get a Victor brand electronic mousetrap.  Make sure the only food they can reach is what is in that trap.  Check every day.  It is very effective.  My traps have killed 70 of them in 2 years. 

Five gallon bucket put dry dog food in the bottom not a lot just a handful. Cut a small hole in the top right in the center of the lid just big enough for a mouse. With a bad infestation I have caught as many as 12 to 15 a day for a week but soon all of them will be gone.

Open a hole and drop a cat in.

Seal up your home outside walls or however else they are getting under your floorboards. Then buy some electronic mouse traps and kill them all.I used to have gaps between my foundation and the ground outside so i bought playground sand and dirt and dumped it down into the gaps.

Also get rid of any garbage bags or bird feeders you have near your house as they attract mice to the area.

Call a professional exterminator. For crying out loud--isn't this obvious?  You keep sealing up holes and they keep opening them up again. There must be hundreds in the space. That breeds disease, germs, it's unsanitary and dangerous. CALL A PROFESSIONAL. You can't just trap them and take them back outside--they don't LIVE outside if there's food INSIDE. 

nothing will get them gone except killing them -- AND, you need to find and seal up the holes by which they get in under there -- tough task

You need to find a way to kill them.  I have no idea what your home looks like.  If you have access from the outside, then you deal with it from there instead of putting holes in your walls.  It's likely they are in your walls and ceiling as well so going through the attic may be a possibility too.