Asep
Asep asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

Why does my mom think it’s okay to drink and drive?

She started drinking one beer a week and she says that it’s good for her. We were at a restaurant one time and she drunk one corona beer and drove home. She could have killed us!

You should have a straight talk with her as it's dangerous to drink beer and drive. 

• blank

It was only a little bit.She was most likely okay to drive.

Once you turn 16 and get your license, you should become her designated driver!

One beer doesnt impare you

She obviously doesn't care about being a safe driver zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

I smell troll.

Sound like a small amount, but you are quite right to be worried and should refuse

to get in the car if she has been drinking. She should know that driving after drinking any amount is not safe!

• y

One standard drink with lunch, should not be enough to impair. Of course, tolerance, weight, medication, and such, all play a role on how that one drink may play out. But for most, in most cases, it shouldn't be enough to do damage.

While it is technically "drinking and driving," the one beer probably had no effect on her at all. Many people can have a glass of wine with dinner, or a beer, even two, and it does nothing to them at all. Some people (me) have 2 sips and feel a buzz, so I don't drive if I have even ONE. I know my body. My husband can have 2 beers with dinner and drive just fine. He's also a lot bigger than me, so he metabolizes alcohol differently. That's what it comes down to. I don't know if your mom is bigger or smaller, but whatever the case, a beer with dinner didn't do anything to her. 

Don't be silly. Clearly you haven't ever drunk a beer before. 

You can reasonably and legally drive after drinking a beer or small glass of wine with a meal. With a meal, is the key bit. You would have to have an exceptionally low tolerance to feel adequately inebriated that it would affect your driving after just one beer/small wine. Which isn't at all impossible, just not usual.