Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Why are my columns in Microsoft Word uneven?

So I'm working on transcribing documents in Microsoft Office Word Processor (the version on my computer is 2013), and I'm using double columns. On most of the pages I see one column being a single line longer/shorter than the other, and I cannot find a single option with which to correct this. There is a button that says "Align columns" but this doesn't give me the result I am looking for. Google searches have not shown me any articles that refer to the problem I am having. Deleting or moving a line just causes the rest of the text to shift and the unevenness remains.

P.S. I don't give a rat's *** about your personal beliefs. If you have issues with what I'm working on, just grow the hell up.

Reported for being an absolute fool with your insulting behaviour.

my guess is that one of the words are long enough that it's pushing off the edge of the page. either that or it's microsoft word being odd like usual.

have you tried adjusting the margins? usually i use the narrow preset but you may find it better by experimenting with the options.

This question was reported

• David

We have no interest whatsoever in what you are working on but you certainly won't get any help if you start gratuitously insulting answerers. I would suggest you get rid of the huge chip on your shoulder and ask again without the insults, reported