Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 week ago

What will happen to this cat if taken to a shelter? Should it be let out instead?

Me and two coworkers came together in order to catch 3 stray cats and give them up to a shelter. They were living at our job which isn’t the best of place to have cats or any animals around since people are constantly driving machines. I decided to take in the momma cat since she’s a sweetheart. The 3rd baby has been giving me a hard time though. To be honest I’ve been wondering if I should just let it out and if it leaves it leaves. I have never had a cat bite me till today that cat would not let my hand go and when it finally did it was because my boyfriend had to grab it hard but even with that. It bit him as well and it drew blood. I’ve been wondering if he’s a lost cause since I honestly can’t see someone taming him, he looks to be about 5/6 months old and I’ve heard when kittens start getting older it is hard to get them comfortable being around people or even being in doors. My coworker keeps telling me to keep him longer but I don’t want to. This might sound mean but he is very aggressive that I don’t know if they’ll even find him a home. Would a place put down a cat that is that aggressive? She doesn’t want that  to happen that’s why she keeps telling me to care for him till they find a place. By the way she isn’t telling anyone that he has this problem with aggression.. I think it is wrong and would rather have her be straight up but she will start crying. What is the best thing to do just give them up to a shelter? Or let them out 

6 days ago

If you take them to a cat rescue or shelter, do research and go there in person to make sure the living conditions are okay and be absolutely certain its no kill

6 days ago

You have feral kitties. Leave them alone. They would rather be free & die soon than to be kept & live long. A shelter will want money to keep them, or money to put them to "sleep". Call the ASPCA.

• 7 days ago

Do NOT let just leave them outside. If you don't want to take care of them anymore, do your research first before taking the cat to a shelter. Make sure the place is not a kill-shelter, you might have to do some digging to find out their policies on putting down animals. 

• Raven
    1 week ago

Do you really think letting them go is the best thing for them?? Bring them to a cat rescue.

• ?
    1 week ago

Why not give him to cat rescue?  I have a couple previously feral cats and they do fine in the house. 

1 week ago

They have only been inside of my house for two days by the way. I haven’t had them for long. They were both born outside... idk about the mom

• Maxi
    1 week ago

You NEVER 'let it out' that is just plain insane.......... if the cat is not a pet, not used to humans it is called feral however if you have had this cat in your home it is certainly not feral just lacks the correct socialisation with the right home.... there are many catch, nueter and release organisations and lots of rescues that would nueter and find an appropriate home....