Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Could my twins have different dads?

I got pregnant around the time i was seeing a few different guys, also slept with my friend from high school and a random hook up at a party

Update:

Due date in august 2021

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes, if you had sex with two men within a very very short window of time.

https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/your-baby/str...

• 1 month ago

It is possible for them to have two different dads although they'd have to be fraternal twins and you'd still have to get a DNA test to know for sure.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Probably a good chance if they are fraternal.

• 1 month ago

Sure, if they're fraternal twins

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only DNA testing will truly yield any actual results zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

IF you released two eggs and IF you had sex with two different men at the right time for the sperm of both men to be present when the eggs were there - then MAYBE you could have twins with different fathers.  This would be EXTREMELY rare and if you could prove it, you would become "famous" because everyone would want your story.

If your twins are "identical" twins - that means ONE egg and ONE sperm that split which would be only ONE father.

• helene
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Only if they are fraternal twins.

Are they?

• 2 months ago

I'll just consult my crystal ball 

• 2 months ago

Possible? Yes. Remotely likely? No.  It is much more likely that the same guy is the father -- you'd just have to figure how who with a DNA test once the babies are born.

It is possible for twins to have different fathers in a phenomenon called heteropaternal superfecundation, which occurs when two of a woman's eggs are fertilized by sperm from two different men. Ordinarily, a woman becomes pregnant because one of her eggs has been fertilized by sperm. The chances might be .007% or 1 in 13K.You'd need to have ovulated two eggs (which is rare but possible) and have sex with different guys within the fertility window, AND sperm from two of those guys would have had to hit their different "targets."  The conception window is about 4-5 days.  Sperm can be viable for about 5 days, but an egg is only viable for about 24 hours.Identical twins occur when a single egg is fertilized and then, after that, splits into two separate fetuses.  This is called monozygotic (one fertilized egg). Dizygotic (two fertilized eggs) happen when a woman releases two eggs at the same time.  Dizygotic twins are common with in-vitro and when a woman is taking fertility treatments that increase egg release. Heteropaternal superfecundation is rate because it requires so many different factors to come together. 

• 2 months ago

It is possible but unlikely.  However, just even having twins is unlikely.  It is possible, if the twins are fraternal (come from separate ova), that the sperm of two different men is responsible for fertilization of each.  Identical twins come from the same fertilized egg so cannot have two different fathers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.