Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 2 months ago

I Need advice.?

I am seventeen years old, I will be eighteen soon and I really would like to learn how to play the cello. The thing is I’m very untalented. All of my life I’ve never been able to be good at something and I was always the worst at everything. I’ve always been drawn to classical music since I was young. I played a musical instrument in band but it wasn’t classical and I always got last chair. I really love the cello, I love everything about it. The sound, the music, the way it looks. I’ve always wanted to play it but never got too. I feel like I am too old to learn it now because most people start playing once they are old enough to speak. I feel I have missed my opportunity. Playing the cello is something I would want to get really good at but I feel like by the time that I do I would already be too old to get any opportunities. Plus, my family wouldn’t be able to pay for lessons and I sure don’t have the money so I don’t see the point in trying to learn. What should I do?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You are old enough to get a job.  Save up and buy a cello or rent one if there is a place to do that, then pay for your own lessons.  If you want to bad enough, you will find a way.

• D50
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You seem more interested in finding reasons why you cannot or should not learn to play the cello. Then don't. You're the only one who cares about it. Become a critic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.