Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 2 months ago

I Need advice.?

I am seventeen years old, I will be eighteen soon and I really would like to learn how to play the cello. The thing is I’m very untalented. All of my life I’ve never been able to be good at something and I was always the worst at everything. I’ve always been drawn to classical music since I was young. I played a musical instrument in band but it wasn’t classical and I always got last chair. I really love the cello, I love everything about it. The sound, the music, the way it looks. I’ve always wanted to play it but never got too. I feel like I am too old to learn it now because most people start playing once they are old enough to speak. I feel I have missed my opportunity. Playing the cello is something I would want to get really good at but I feel like by the time that I do I would already be too old to get any opportunities. Plus, my family wouldn’t be able to pay for lessons and I sure don’t have the money so I don’t see the point in trying to learn. What should I do?

You are old enough to get a job.  Save up and buy a cello or rent one if there is a place to do that, then pay for your own lessons.  If you want to bad enough, you will find a way.

• D50

You seem more interested in finding reasons why you cannot or should not learn to play the cello. Then don't. You're the only one who cares about it. Become a critic.