Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 2 months ago

Do you secretly enjoy doing this to other drivers? ?

When your on the highway and traffic is merging, and their the kind of people that act as if they don't know what a merging lane and just drive straight. Do you enjoy making it difficult for the them to merge?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No if traffic is coming into the highway , if possible I pull over into the next lane to give them room. The only time I would make it difficult

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I get peeved,  yes, but it Isn't worth a Collision, even if it's 100% the other guy's fault.

I always back off If I have to.

Especially on the Motor Cycle...on her, I often accelerate and blast past him.

Anton:  Traffic already in the lane Has  the  ROW.  No one may merge or otherwise do so to impede flow of traffic. CA only has a "suggestion" that you not Insist on ROW. 

• F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No if traffic is coming into the highway , if possible I pull over into the next lane to give them room. The only time I would make it difficult , ( not deliberately) is if I was boxed in with a large truck close behind. I’m not risking braking in those circumstances, they have no right of way to join the highway.

• Toruko
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I took no pleasure from issue of

moving vehicle violations but if

I had evidence of your usage

my pleasure will be under oath

in answering a trial prosecutor.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anton
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

" ... in California, the merging vehicle must yield the right-of-way.... "

-- BULLSHIT!  Learn your Vehicle Code:  http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codesTOCSe...

It is illegal to block other vehicles.  

You are legally required to zip lanes when two are merging.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i dont drive myself, they might be new at driving

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No I prefer to NOT be anASSHOLE to other drivers - I don't appreciate a merger who isn't signalling and trying to get up to highway speed but being anASSHOLE is just wrong on so many levels.

• 2 months ago

I do not do anything so silly.  

• 2 months ago

Here in California, the merging vehicle must yield the right-of-way to the vehicles already in the lane! Now it is considered polite to slow down and let them in, however, the merger must yield if it isn't happening!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.