Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 2 months ago

Do you secretly enjoy doing this to other drivers? ?

When your on the highway and traffic is merging, and their the kind of people that act as if they don't know what a merging lane and just drive straight. Do you enjoy making it difficult for the them to merge?

No if traffic is coming into the highway , if possible I pull over into the next lane to give them room. The only time I would make it difficult

I get peeved,  yes, but it Isn't worth a Collision, even if it's 100% the other guy's fault.

I always back off If I have to.

Especially on the Motor Cycle...on her, I often accelerate and blast past him.

Anton:  Traffic already in the lane Has  the  ROW.  No one may merge or otherwise do so to impede flow of traffic. CA only has a "suggestion" that you not Insist on ROW. 

• F

No if traffic is coming into the highway , if possible I pull over into the next lane to give them room. The only time I would make it difficult , ( not deliberately) is if I was boxed in with a large truck close behind. I’m not risking braking in those circumstances, they have no right of way to join the highway.

• Toruko

I took no pleasure from issue of

moving vehicle violations but if

I had evidence of your usage

my pleasure will be under oath

in answering a trial prosecutor.  

• Anton

" ... in California, the merging vehicle must yield the right-of-way.... "

-- BULLSHIT!  Learn your Vehicle Code:  http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codesTOCSe...

It is illegal to block other vehicles.  

You are legally required to zip lanes when two are merging.

i dont drive myself, they might be new at driving

• CB

No I prefer to NOT be anASSHOLE to other drivers - I don't appreciate a merger who isn't signalling and trying to get up to highway speed but being anASSHOLE is just wrong on so many levels.

I do not do anything so silly.  

Here in California, the merging vehicle must yield the right-of-way to the vehicles already in the lane! Now it is considered polite to slow down and let them in, however, the merger must yield if it isn't happening!