Anonymous

Do most southern europeans feel inferior to blue eyed, blonde white people? ?

I don't mean to disrespect anyone...

Several times I have seen how southern europeans' self esteem gets hurt  whenever someone questions their "whiteness". I have heard that in nations such as Spain they have a fascination for people who are blonde and have blue eyes.

Now I was reading an article about an italian soccer coach who said ""What happened with Spezia infuriated me, because the ball came off the post, we had five players ball-watching while Tommaso Pobega reacted quicker. That is a lack of determination, that is unacceptable.   "Napoli want to always be beautiful, but sometimes being a bit ugly is a good thing. You can't always be Brad Pitt, with blonde hair and blue eyes. Sometimes you have to be a bit ugly, like me."

So in other words, he thinks Brad Pitt is "beautiful" because he has blonde hair and blue eyes... whereas he considers himself "ugly" because he lacks those traits.

Now, I'm not denying that some southern europeans are blonde and have blue eyes however most southern europeans don't have those traits.

Do most southern europeans feel inferior to blue eyed, blonde white people?

I should have pointed out that I'm not black! I can't believe my question caused some people to make mean comments about black people.. My ignorant guess is that blacks don't care about southern europeans since southern europe didn't colonize africa nor forced blacks into slavery. Anyways, I thank Aurora for her answer since it looks like she was the only person from southern europe who answered my question.

Favorite Answer

I seen some anglo americans love saying southern european isn't white

They love confusing people

There is a lot of misinformation on these things

But in general

All of europe is white and white is a color that ranges from olive to pale

Aryan is Iranic

The true caucasians are still in the caucuses in europe/west asia

but caucasian is valid as a grouping, I guess

though it is now outdated by real science

caucasian may be european, west asian, north african, and north south asian people (cause south Indian people aren't very mixed and look more austroloid)

In the end consider yourselves as you like and as you feel

Everyone is free

It doesn't mean a certain group will accept you

There are plenty of blonde Italians. And many Brits have dark hair.  

Of course blondes have more fun. Sorry I just had to have a little fun with this one.

I think it's more Eastern and Western Europe.  I know many Western Europeans look down on Poles, Russian, Romanians, Greeks, etc.  My Polish neighbor said she was going to see her family in Europe and my Belgian friend told her, "oh, they moved out of Poland".

To some extent, yes. We're told our entire lives that Nordic countries are technologically, economically and culturally more advanced. They represent the pinnacle of human civilisation.

No Southern Europeans are exotic looking which is more attractive in my opinion. :) 

I am not a fan of blondes as some are quite unappealing tbh... not just that, also they are pretty mean and spoiled/narcissistic, and my abusers were all blond/blonde blue eyed, they have no impact on me. Not all blonds/blondes are like that of course... but to me some are really unappealing :)  

• Jeremy

No, not at all.  What is special about a person's hair and eyes? We are a whole person.  I have no reason to feel inferior to something so ridiculously unimportant when I have been made in the image of GOD.

All I know is that Middle Easterners and North Africans are not white

lol, the Romans conquered most of Europe

Do you think words like ROMANtic, ROMANace and ROMEo exist because we're less attractive people?

None of us care about blond hair or blue eyes. However, we often get annoyed at all the non-sense and deception that surrounds this subject.

In the Roman of version of race, The people from Latina weren't the same as other Europeans. And the conquered people (such as the Britons) were actually considered inferior. The idea of white was invented so all Europeans could be included.

And when I say Latin, I don't mean South or Mesoamerican. Latin America isn't a historic term.

And btw, White when used as a description doesn't conflict with a Roman heritage / ideology. However, the newer classification called Caucasian does ... but that's a completely different conversation.

e pluribus unum, deo vindice et cetera

The only people who question southern Europeans' whiteness are loser blacks trying to divide white people or appropriate southern European history culture for themselves because they (blacks) don't have history and culture. For the last time: southern Europeans are WHITE. They have slightly darker phenotypes like hair and eyes but they are related to other Europeans.

Germanic whites have a rich history and culture. They brought humanity into the tech age and space age. Thanks to them, we have cars, TV, radio, computers, electricity, lightbulbs, the internet, etc. That's an amazing feat. However, south Europeans have their own history and cultures to be proud of too. The ideas of Rome and ancient Greece greatly influenced Germanic people. The Roman empire and Greek empire are very rich culturally, philosophically, and historically.

i would hope not