Can a burnt on the BBQ food or cooked food make you sick ? ?

Update:

I also want to know can a burnt fried onion or fried garlic on ant meat make you sick ?

Attachment image

14 Answers

Relevance
  • IvaB
    Lv 5
    6 days ago

Sorry,but speaking honestly, the chicken in your photo doesn't look all that appealing.While it may not make someone ill,burnt bbq sauce or burnt skin has a horrible texture ,and has a terrible taste.Like charcoal dust! Perhaps the sauce was added too early,or was over very hot charcoals too long? Personally I'd cut the topmost burnt parts off the chicken before I'd eat it,but thats just me.I should add that when grilling chicken,it should be on a cooler side of the divided coals underneath to get close to proper temp before adding bbq sauce to avoid burning. 

• 6 days ago

I think you'd be more likely to get sick from eating an entire birthday cake and a few colas than that chicken. 

• copper
    Lv 5
    7 days ago

If it tastes bad, don't eat it. I like a little bit, but not like eating a piece of charcoal

• A burnt end/crust on barbecue will not make you sick.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 week ago

Yes, sometimes it can create acidity. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

Nah. Just eat it. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

It could never not but maybe.

• 1 week ago

YES

“If you’re offered a plate of blackened barbecue food this summer, you might think twice about eating it. It’s commonly thought that food that has been burnt could cause cancer.”

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

Nope, there are some small amounts of carcinogens in burnt meat protein but what the hell - it tastes great!

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

Nope, but it might now taste very good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.