Kush asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

Now that the Eagles fired Doug Pederson , are they right or no?

PHILADELPHIA -- The Eagles have fired coach Doug Pederson, a source tells ESPN's Dan Graziano, ending a partnership that delivered the first and only Super Bowl title in the city's history.

No one can say yes or no now! They could hire the next Belichick.and it will look like a great move.They could also hire the next Hue Jackson.Then it will look bad.My guess the move will fall somewhere in between the two extremes.

Seems Pederson thought Hurts was an NFL QB...lol.....hell yes he should be fired the moron . 

Now that your dad fired the pool boy who was railing your mom over and over in all her holes, was he right or no?

The Eagles were unwatchable as a football team. They would be running the ball effectively and then suddenly stop and do short passes that were three and outs over and over. The defense loses confidence in their offense and it is downhill from there. Spotting teams 20 point leads and then playing catch up game after game. I don't blame Laurie one bit for giving Doug the boot. Give Staley a shot. 

He will wind up with another job quickly.  He instantly becomes the best available candidate. Expect the Jets to reach out first.  As for the Eagles they're in for a long lean few years coming up.

The real question is who was behind the decision to put the 3rd string QB in against Washington and tank the game. This looks like damage control. Coaches want to win games. I think Pedersen was ordered to do it and now he's being scapegoated.  

Pederson picked Carson Wentz over Nick Foles, the Super Bowl MVP. Wentz has been proven to be a bust and Pederson is paying for his wrong decision. 

• David

Several times this year he put the Eagles in a no-win position.  He deserved to be fired.

It's smart to fire him.  He was really propped up by Frank Reich, and without him, Pederson was sliding.  Add throwing the game and he lost his locker room.  Next year would have been a disaster season.  So better to cut bait.

But here's the problem - I think Roseman and Lurie ordered Pederson to throw the game.  So firing him after he took the bullet for them is really dirty pool.  If I were Pederson, I'd tell reporters off the record that they ordered me to throw the game.

They fired Coach Reid too. Whatever happened to him?  ;-)  I hope Coach Pederson does as well.