Is this penny valuable?

My grandfather ran across this penny a little while ago and neither of us can find out ANYTHING about it. It has what looks like to me a Santa Claus head stamped next to Lincoln. If anyone knows what this is or how much it's worth please let me know, thanks!

Attachment image

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Its worth exactly 1/100th of a whole American dollar. Save up just 10,000,000,000,000,000 more and you're rich, pal.

• Hannah
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

From a quick Google search:

This is a business-strike 1990 Lincoln cent made at the Philadelphia Mint, which did not place mintmarks on pennies in the early '90s. The Santa image was counterstamped onto the coin by a private enterprise after the coin left the US Mint, making it a novelty coin. Similar pieces sell in the collector market for anywhere from $0.50 to $2.

• 1 month ago

It's worthless because someone vandalized it. 

• 1 month ago

if you take it to a coin shop they can appraise it for you

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is worth one cent.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I haven't actually seen a penny for at least 3 decades.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

looks stamped on by one of those machines at disney land

• 2 months ago

Technically it is a damaged coin - a normal circulation coin that was machine-stamped by a private person or company. I have seen state maps, sports team logos, JFK's bust and other things on Lincoln cents.  Back in the 1970s and 1980s this was big and you would see the ads in the back pages of comic books and magazines or in the Sunday newspaper ad supplements. They are novelty items.

It has whatever value someone decides it is worth to them that you agree is worth it to you to part with it.

• 2 months ago

looks stamped on by one of those machines at disney land

• Pyrus
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You mean this penny right here in this picture? Yes, of course it has value. It is worth exactly one cent XD.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.