Is this penny valuable?

My grandfather ran across this penny a little while ago and neither of us can find out ANYTHING about it. It has what looks like to me a Santa Claus head stamped next to Lincoln. If anyone knows what this is or how much it's worth please let me know, thanks!

Its worth exactly 1/100th of a whole American dollar. Save up just 10,000,000,000,000,000 more and you're rich, pal.

• Hannah

From a quick Google search:

This is a business-strike 1990 Lincoln cent made at the Philadelphia Mint, which did not place mintmarks on pennies in the early '90s. The Santa image was counterstamped onto the coin by a private enterprise after the coin left the US Mint, making it a novelty coin. Similar pieces sell in the collector market for anywhere from $0.50 to $2.

It's worthless because someone vandalized it. 

if you take it to a coin shop they can appraise it for you

It is worth one cent.

I haven't actually seen a penny for at least 3 decades.

looks stamped on by one of those machines at disney land

Technically it is a damaged coin - a normal circulation coin that was machine-stamped by a private person or company. I have seen state maps, sports team logos, JFK's bust and other things on Lincoln cents.  Back in the 1970s and 1980s this was big and you would see the ads in the back pages of comic books and magazines or in the Sunday newspaper ad supplements. They are novelty items.

It has whatever value someone decides it is worth to them that you agree is worth it to you to part with it.

• Pyrus

You mean this penny right here in this picture? Yes, of course it has value. It is worth exactly one cent XD.