Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Is my apology sincere enough to get my friendship back?

I would like to sincerely apologise. Unexpected and tragic circumstances led me to suddenly behave erratically for a while with my friends, however i feel this should be irrelevant. My resulting behaviour was wrong, unacceptable and disrespectful and i take full responsibility. After i could finally think clearly again, i took time to reflect on the impulsive actions i regret so deeply, and realised the hurt i caused. I am sincerely sorry for repeatedly violating your boundaries with my constant texts, and i am sincerely sorry for any hurt i caused. Prior to this, i admit i got a bit too carried away at the thought of seeing you again. Again i am sorry. 

If you can't accept my apology right now i understand, but it would mean a lot to me to be able to reconnect with you in time. I would give anything to have my amazing friend back. I really care about you, and i miss you. Once again from the bottom of my heart, i'm sorry xxIf not, how do i make it more sincere? Thank you :)

Susan get a grip! I'm not controlling anyone, I'm entitled to say what i wish to happen ffs. If i was controlling her i would say something like i want to be friends again, like demanding. Have i done that? No

I say GROW UP , tear up your VICTIM CARD and GET A LIFE!

I would offer anything to have my astonishing companion back. I truly care about you, and I miss you. In all seriousness, 

Sounds like it's toast! Grovelling and begging rarely works out as hoped. 

A beer and a BJ would be an excellent apology

I don't know.  I haven't even forgiven you yet for making me read that. 

Edit:  Actually, it's not bad.  But as someone else said, leave out the bit about "irrelevant."

Sounds like a repeated troll posting this edited cr@p zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• susan

It really bothers me that you believe if you apologize in just the right way, your friend has to come back and do whatever you wish your friend would come back and do. 

You keep posting about this, and what I think you aren't seeing is that the only person whose choices you should try to control is your own choices, always. Always. ALWAYS. You have no power to control other people and no right to try. This isn't because of what you did. It's just because it's true.

It sounds like the very thing you are apologizing for is trying to control your friends by bombarding them with messages, and now you are doing the same thing only bombarding them with apologies. Why bother apologizing if you are still going to go on trying to control them? 

Very similar to my question! I too want to try to salvage the friendship, but someone told me maybe this person is t as invested in the connection as you are. That really hurts. But once you apologize try your best to move on and see if your friend comes back. If not, they're just prob not a good friend or also going through some shiit they don't know how do deal with. Once they see you don't care they just may come back, unfortunately...

Yes it is ok.                 

Wait, what? This person ended your friendship because you sent too many texts? They weren't replying, but they were your friend....how is too many texts worth ending the friendship?!?! Especially if you had good reason for it. Were they nasty texts? If not, it sounds like your friend needs to get a grip! 

It's good, and doesn't sound like you're pressuring them, but i would suggest adding something like "my behaviour was not deliberate" in front of the bit where you say your behaviour was wrong.