Trade in a pre own certified car ? ?

Hello I drive a Toyota Corolla black car that I bought last year with  cash but the only thing I hate is that the color is black, can I do a trade in or should I just keep my Toyota Corolla instead ? What would be the smart way to go about with a preowned certified you don’t like or a trade in ? 

2016 Toyota Corolla 

Troll. Trolll. Trollllll.

• Jay P

If you don't like that it's black, why did you buy it in the first place?  There are lots of Corolla's out there to choose from.

If you want to trade in a car, as long as you don't have a lien on it, sure, it is very easy to do.  Just be aware that you'll loose quite a bit on the trade-in value.  It may be worth painting rather than flipping it for another vehicle as long as you're otherwise happy with your current ride.

• CB

Look into car wrapping (vinyl) - it is not permanent (5-7 years) costs between 1200-3500 usd and doesn't hurt the paint so you can sell the car in shiny new factory black and keep the value up (nobody likes to buy a re-painted car). Less hassle and likely cheaper than selling and buying another car.

Kind of silly to buy a car that you don't like the looks of.

But as it is too late for that, you are going to have to spend money to either paint your car, or to trade it for something more appealing., or learn to live with black.

Just be careful with your decision, you do not want to make the same mistake again.

i dont see why you couldnt do that

First of all, if I don't like a car, I don't buy it! That includes the color. I have been known to shop around till I find the right car in the right color! It is a fact that if I don't like the color, I will not buy it. There are some colors I just will not drive no matter how great the car is.

What I would consider is what is the cost of purchasing a car in the same condition, sales tax, other fees and depreciation of another car. Then I would go find a body shop and price getting the car repainted to a color I like.

Then I would take the course of action that ended up costing less.

Not too long ago I priced getting a car repainted. The car in question is thirty years old, I like it and want to get it looking new. Prices ranged from 600 dollars to 2000 dollars. There are not a lot of car trades that can be done in that price range if one wants dependable transportation.