ZOOZOO asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Do you ever eat at airport restaurants after flying into your home airport when you're on your way from your flight to your ride or home?

If not, why?

• THE OG

Ya I do & it’s normal 

So what? No big deal 

• Funnel

Well yes because it's too awesome. Flo is there. ''Um hi! Um cowffee? Hm? Owkay tdays specials is the greasey griyats I'll be rite back" then lingers while she quieffs off a stank then leaves hoping you will to.

Yes, but my home airport is Portland (Oregon)—PDX.   No airport vendor may gouge for anything.  Prices are the same at other outlets throughout the city.  Oregon has no sales tax.

More often, I'll grab breakfast at the airport before a departure.  There are several quality restaurants which serve great food.  I never choose fast food places—I am not sure if they are present or not at PDX.

Only if the airport has a restaurant that is nowhere else in my city, otherwise I would prefer to get home asap and just get something along the way.  It will be cheaper, better selection and I can choose what/where I want to go rather than just be limited in my choice

I do. I know it is expensive, but it is not often I get to eat at the airport.

Source(s): Used to travel for business (for a previous job), but now it is mostly pleasure.

No, airport reataurants are overpriced. When I get back I'd stop at a place off airport.

We drive home - 2 hours - and usually so at a favorite place on the way. We want to GET HOME, and the first step is getting into it own car!

• hihi!

Too expensive. But... in SVO Sheremetyevo and DME Domodyedovo in Moscow are cheaper places to find eats, NOT FAST FOOD, and we often eat there. Near VKO Vnukovo is a store, 5 or 6 blocks, where food is reasonable. I saw the Korean team boiling noodles there during a gymnastic event in 2018. There are ways around $$$$$ food.

It is about a two hour drive home and depending on what is open and the time of day I might.

If it's late, and it's been a long flight, I'll pick up a sandwich or something in the airport.  I am diabetic and need to eat at specific intervals or it gets weird.  But the only time I ever sit in an airport restaurant to eat is if I have a long layover. And some airports have really good restaurants, pricey as hell, but good.  You can get amazing BBQ in the Memphis airport.