Why police decide to not enforce restraining order when there's mistake/errors on terms and conditions?

Ya know when suspect got arrested, while on bail judge issued restraining orders for safety of victim. Made a list term and conditions rules or will get arrested if broke the order.

You may ask what errors on restraining order, I would say could be simple as mistyped by court clerks, or victim fill out form incorrectly, or judge didn't realize that terms and conditions are illegal.

Example: it was typed 10000 yards by mistake when supposed to be 100 yards which is a problem because suspect live 5,000 yards away from victim.

Or Example 2: like putting on victim's work address was really a suspect's home address by mistake.

Example 3: suspect may had medical condition requiring kidney cleaning up two time a week and yet this place is 50 yards away from victim's house. Which meaning suspect will died if skip treatments.

I just thought no matter what, order is order and if there's mistakes let court fix it afterwards when police took suspect in jail because of mistakes.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The address is irrelevant, there will be something similar to "the victim's residence or anyplace temporarily occupied by the victim". As far as the other two, I've never seen an arrest made when the mistake was obvious or the visit was medically necessary and no contact was made. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.