Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 2 months ago

Why does my account balance keep switching?

Im really confused about whats going on with my bank account. I havent bought anything for like a week but, it keeps bouncing all over the place. I had $200, then it went negative $40, then positive $150, then I returned something for like $120 then it went negative $75, then positive $60, then negative $40 then negative $75. Im like WTF is going on. Im seriously confused. Has this happened for anyone else? Im supposed to have overdraft protection but, this doesnt make sense to me anyways. How can I return something with a positive balance and get credited then end up negative?

• denise

Could it be some payments / direct debits coming out of your account?

• Judy

You'd get a lot better answer from your bank than from anyone here.

There should be a log or transaction history. That has never happened with any of my accounts and I have many bank accounts.  I don't think you know what you are talking about.

• Tavy

Ask for a bank statement.

Overdraft protection does not protect you from the fee that the bank charges if you have an overdraft they pay it up to a certain point but then you get assessed a fee $35 in some case for each overdraft.

And the bank loves it if you drop one cent under your balance they tack on $35. Before you know it your checks start bouncing all over the place and your money vanishes out the door instead of going to the bills it goes to the bank to pay for your overdraft