Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality Β· 2 months ago

Is it blasphemy to use "Armageddon" as a title for a video game let's play?

I wanted to know the specific definition of "Armageddon" (as I know it relates to climatic battles), and it says Biblically, New Testament.

I was wondering if it's blasphemy to use that as a title for a video game playthrough, I was thinking "The Verge of Armageddon".

It's a video of Sonic Forces, the scenario being an artificial sun is about to crash into the Earth.Even the lyrics seem to fit.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ETBzOAsV0

Youtube thumbnail

&list=RDIqkiifCbFBY&index=1

"I was thinking The Verge of Armageddon."

Or "Imminent Armageddon", that sounds better.

Cool, thanks for the answers so far :D I feel better about using it.

I was just afraid someone would be like "How can you use that word, a word for the Biblical end, use that word for your video about a blue hedgehog video game."

Favorite Answer

Romans 14

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.Β 

You call your little game anything you want hon.Β  It is not blasphemy.

No it is not blasphemy the word Armageddon is derived from the Hebrew word harmagedon the valley of megiddo. This is where criminal people were disposed of after they were executed by stoning the valley was kept burning night and day with fire and sulfur.Β 

• It's already been used as the title of a movie, a couple of lesser video games, and a wrestling pay-per-view event. The Christians didn't protest, so I think you're okay to use it.

• Adam

WWE used it for a PPV. Bruce Willis used it for a horrendous film. You'll be fine to use it.