Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

There's no insurance on the car I'm driving... what can I do to protect myself?

A friend let me borrow her car for as long as I want but there's no insurance cause she doesn't have the money to pay it. So how can I protect myself in case of an accident or cop pulling me over?

31 Answers

Relevance
  • car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

YOU can purchase a "Non-Owned vehicle policy".     That covers any car as long as you DO not own it.   Call some insurance agents for some quotes.   It does not cost that much. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Buy Insurance, in most States if the vehicle is uninsured it is illegal for it to be on the road at all.

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Don't drive it............. or any other vehicle without insurance on it.  If you do drive it and get pulled over - YOU are at fault.

• 1 month ago

Stop driving the car. IMMEDIATELY.  It is illegal in almost all places to own or operate a vehicle without insurance. What you are doing is risking prosecution along with the person who owns the car--and if you are hit by another driver, or if you cause an accident, you BOTH will be paying a lot of money to that other driver for a long, long time. 

you're being foolish. So is the person who owns the car. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • zipper
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Buy Insurance, in most States if the vehicle is uninsured it is illegal for it to be on the road at all.

• May
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You can park the car (off of the street) and be aware that.............        "Walkin ain't crowded".

You may only insure another's vehicle if you have an "Insurable interest" in that vehicle

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Buy some insurance asshole. There is magic cloak you can find on the internet.

• F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You’re a parasite. Non insured drivers cost everyone else about £50 a year. Hope if you crash, no one else is involved.

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

how about insuring it , you have been driving an uninsured car ..

• 2 months ago

Buy the owner some insurance and get your self named as an additional insured.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.