Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 2 months ago

What is the chances my lump is breast cancer?

Hello all, I am 45 years old and recently found a round, semi-hard, smooth, marble sized breast lump that moves. It moves from side to side but I'm not sure what is considered "mobile". I went to my gynecologist and she set up a mammogram to get it checked out but it's not for another 3 weeks and I'm kind of freaking out. 

The last mammogram I had done was about a year and a half ago and nothing was found. I thought since I am freaking out I would check and see what other people think of my situation lol. Thanks in advance!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Since you are biologically make (albeit a very weak one) your odds are low Mr Right.

• 2 months ago

From your description, fairly unlikely to be cancer.

If your doctor thought cancer was likely they would have requested an "urgent" mammogram which would probably occur the next day.

Sounds like your doctor is treating this as routine.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Cysts look and feel similar to cancer. You'll know when you get the mammogram. Last time I had a not so good mammogram, I got a call in 10 hours.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

From what I know from friends who have had breast cancer, it does not move. Fatty cysts move but not tumours.

Best of luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.