Allie
Allie asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Do you agree that parents should never lose their tempers with their children?

• ?

Just wait until you are older and become a parent.....it's not all flowers and ice cream raising children.  If a parent works and comes home, in a bad mood, then the parent must find a way to 'let off steam' without the children around.  It's really hard to NOT lose your temper when your child does something dangerous.

It's impossible not to get mad at your kids sometimes. But as the adult, you need to learn to control your temper so your kids can learn how to control theirs (because they do learn by watching you). That's means no swearing, no yelling and no hitting your kids. An occasional raised voice is okay, but none of the screaming and name calling that some parents do.

It doesn't matter what i think because i raised kids for 25 years and it's totally impossible not to get upset or angry with kids sometimes.  Any parent who never has is either blind and deaf, or a saint.

It's advisable to control your own temper around kids zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

What event(s) prompts this Q?  

This may seem like a nonanswer, but knowing the genesis of this Q might help me / us respond better.

I know it's difficult not to lose their tempers with their children. But it's best you shouldn't. Losing their tempers can cause a contrast effect. It even makes the problems worse. So, calm down, listen to your kids, and you'll find the best ways to solve the issues. 

You obviously never raised a child.  For example, after being told many times not to run out into traffic, my daughter did it again and almost got hit by a car.  Did I lose my temper?  You better believe I did.  She got a good talking-to and got sent to her room without her favorite toys.  She couldn't come out until she could explain to me why what she did was wrong.

And most teens get to the stage when they talk back and insult you and other people.  They know what buttons to push to make you lose your temper.  I've been guilty of yelling at them, but later apologize and try to teach them the importance of respect.  Parents are human, too!

That depends on what you mean by losing your temper. I don't think it's a bad thing for kids to know when they have pushed you too far but becoming violent with a child is never okay.  

Not at all a lot of slaps are good for a child 

Source(s): Mama never lies

It should happen but not get out of hand. There is a smart way and a wrong way