Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 3 weeks ago

If the Earth is round then how come Australians don't fall off the bottom? ?

45 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

A thing called Gravity, it tends to hold things in place like the sea's, oceans, and every thing else. Are you really that Dum or do you not try at all?!

• Manuel
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago

Lots and lots of superglue and tape.

• 2 weeks ago

The Earth is NOT round , but a SPHEROID. 

A spheroid is a 3 dimensional shape, similar to a sphere , but with slightly flattened poles, and a slightly wider Equator. 

Being a spheroid, gravity takes over and applies equally, to any point on the surface of the sphere.

NB 'Round' suggests it is a 2 dimensional planar figure, a disk or torus.   

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

I am being naïve in believing that you don't know this, but I will explain why - although you should have learned this by sixth grade:

There is a law of Physics, discovered 300 years ago by Sir Isaac Newton, that says that gravity is a force of attraction that exists between any two masses, any two bodies, any two particles.

Since the earth is relatively big, everything on the planet is attracted to it.  It doesn't matter whether you are on the Northern or on the Southern Hemisphere.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Apparently you're not informed of the sharp population decrease in the southern hemisphere.

• 2 weeks ago

Pizzas are round. Earth isn't round. Earth is roughly round, and its gravity pulls everything towards the middle

• 2 weeks ago

Pizzas are round.  Earth is not round.  Earth is approximately spherical, and its gravity pulls everything towards the center

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

How do you know they didn't? For all I know they don't really exist.

• 3 weeks ago

You got some neurons not firing there skippy.

• 3 weeks ago

Who says they don't?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.