Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Are younger men more fertile?

My former co-worker who is 32 started a no-strings-attached thing. We have great chemistry but she is a single mom of an 8 year old. She doesn't have time to date. She's on the pill but insist that I wear a condom anyways even though I tell her I can just pull out. She said I'm 24, so I'm very fertile and she doesn't want to take any chances of pregnancy. I know for women after their 30's their fertility greatly declines is it the same for men? I just HATE wearing condoms! =(

Favorite Answer

Well, yes, fertility CAN decline with age, so that would suggests the as a group, younger men are more fertile than older men, but that doesn't mean you are. That noted, the reason for the condom is that:

1. She assumes you're probably having sex with other people and she doesn't want to get an STI from you.

2. She doesn't have to deal with the sticky aftermath of your encounters.

3. It is extra security against getting pregnant.  No birth control option is 100% effective.

The bottom line is the if you want to continue to have sex with you co-worker, the condition is wearing a condom.  If you don't want to wear a condom, stop the FWB deal.  

• zipper

They should be! But a lot depends one them as well as age.

Yes younger men definitely are more fertile but older men still can have kids BUT Older mens sperm produces many problems for the child and also the mother. Infants born to older fathers were found to be at higher risk of premature birth, late still birth, low Apgar scores, low birth weight, higher incidence of newborn seizures and birth defects such as congenital heart disease and cleft palate. As they matured, these children were found to have an increased likelihood of childhood cancers, psychiatric and cognitive disorders, and autism. There’s a reason sperm banks do not accept over the age of 35. 40 is about the limit for both sexes. 

Women in their 30’s can easily get pregnant, she’s only 32 this is that average age most women have their first kid these days so yes you’ll probably get her pregnant. She’s is still young at only 32 and still able to have children, she will become pregnant if you don’t use protection. You are extremely immature and dumb and should be wearing a condom especially if the woman is not comfortable without a man wearing one.

Fertility does begin declining around 30 for both sexes z

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• helene

Maybe she's too polite to say she doesn't want to swap sexually-transmitted diseases any more than she wants a baby.

I'm 45 and ripe as could be. Thought my treating days were finished however sht occurs. Ya dig?

• garry

no ,' men are good till there 70's and women only last for 50 -55 years ..thats why older men like younger women for .

Absolutely you should give up sex for a while 

Source(s): Brain

It really doesn't matter HOW fertile a man is.  If a woman doesn't have an egg, nothing is going to happen.  On birth control, she should not have an egg.  She doesn't trust her birth control very well.

But, yes - younger men do tend to have a higher sperm count than older men.  The sperm is also usually more "mobile" - meaning they swim better.  (sperm motility)

At least she is smart enough to know that "pulling out" is not birth control.

BTW - as for her demanding a condom - her body - her rules.  If you want sex with her, then she gets to make that choice.  If you can't handle that - find someone else who accepts pulling out and be prepared to pay child support. 

• edward

Before my first girlfriend got an IUD i used to wear a condom when i had sex with her and she was on the pill because she was sexually active and didn’t want to take the risk