Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 2 months ago

Which country is better and why? Australia or Canada?

both country are good

Australia because unlike Canada and England they honored their SEATO agreement and fought side by side with Americans and Koreans in Vietnam.

As a Filipino, I think they're almost equal. Their population density differs by a bit due to how deserted most of their areas are, their life expectancy rounds off to the same whole number, but their climates are very different, since Australia's desert brings warmth to the island while Canada's brings cold temperatures to its southern populous cities.

And since I live in the tropical, I'd rather live in a hotter climate, which is Australia's, which I could prefer than Canada, but in a foreign perspective, living in both depends on the climate you live in, since either way, living on either country leaves the same age.

I have lived in Australia and have never been to Canada, alhough I would like to go. However, I think the question is pointless. Any person's opinion is going to be coloured by their own personal experience. So they are going to make any preference based on that. However, that is all one can do. You simply cannot have an objective answer to a question like this.

Hard to say.  Been to both, lived in one.  Lots of similarities.  Many differences as well.  I am more familiar with this North American situation, and Canada is one heck of a lot closer to me extended family, so that is why I chose Canada for my post-doc, rather than Australia.  I had that choice.  I made it.  Not sure if it was right or wrong; doesn't matter now.  Both are fine in my view.

I'm an Englishman and I would never live in either. Australia might as well be an Asian nation but the people like to see themselves as being Brits who happen to live in the Southern Hemisphere, or at least in the past they did. Today it seems as though they'd like to consider themselves to be Americans who happen to live in the Southern Hemisphere. The quality of life in some parts of Australia is much better than it is in Canada, and there are some beautiful places there, but most of the country is dry and ugly and boring and it's ludicrously expensive. They call it "the lucky country" because all of the immigrants the Aussies take in have it easy. 

Canada is America, Junior. It's extremely boring and the people are thick. There's some beautiful scenery, but it would be an awful place to live. 

• Bill-M

Most of Canada is covered in Ice and Snow most of the Year and you can't live in places like that.  At least I can't.  So Australia is better and that is where I live.  It does not snow in Queensland, except for one very small area.

🥴🙄😊

I have no clue. But colder climates are my cup of tea. Canada. 

But it has nothing to do with their government and culture. 

i would think theyre both good