Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 2 months ago

Daytime running lights , toyota carolla ?

Hello I have a 2020 toyota carolla S, and I am looking for a white LED for my daytime running lights /high beam.  So far I have found some that work for the high beam but are not functional for the day time running lights.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 

There's no reason to have high beam DRL. I think you either have very bad vision and a dirty windshield, or you like to annoy every driver you come up behind. You can flash the highbeams if you really need to, but having them constantly on during the day suggests mental illness.

Get the correct parts from a dealer.  It will not be cheap.  A visit to a junkyard will also help.

What you seek is standard factory fitment for Corollas sold in the UK and Europe. 

So a Toyota main dealer parts department should be able to order the complete kit for you.

Whether it complies with (presumably) US Federal lighting specifications is another matter.

During the day they are bright white. As soon as the headlights are turned on they dim down as they would be dazzling at night, but they are still quite bright.