A
Lv 4
A asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Were you surprised that scientists were able to produce vaccines for the Covid-19 so fast?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Ted K
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, because various groups have been doing vaccine development for S-protein-expressing C-viruses since at least the SARS-CoV outbreak in 2002-'03.  So they've been working on this for at least over 15 years.  A lot of the fundamental groundwork was already completed.  Most of what was done this year was accelerated completion of Phase II & III trials and ramping up production.

• 1 month ago

No comment.             

• 2 months ago

Surprised is the wrong word it is a miracle we all should be grateful and get vaccinated as soon as possible.

To pick on just one guy ( and there are plenty ) 

a radio show con- man named George Noory the other night said he believed Covid will just disappear his guest was dumb founded by his idiotic statement .

Anyone with a brain knows that is a lie and a moronic dangerous statement i fear his listeners or at least some of them will buy into his BS  he is not a doctor he has no training in vaccines all he is someone who can talk on the radio very well especially about little green men ( God rest Art Bell's soul ) but the point being do not take any Medical advice from politicians or lying  talk show charlatans who say what they do because of their agenda that are not factually true Norry is a LIAR .

• Joe
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

No.  I was a surprised it took so long.  It aint rocket science.  Smart college kiddos can do it,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

yes               

• 2 months ago

I was thinking that maybe the reason is was put out so fast was because there are other strains of it already so they probably had 3/4 of the work already done.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, not at all. It's not like Sars-Cov-2 is the only coronavirus around. Or even that they're new on the scene. 

Just keenly aware the trialing period was cut very short. 

Which is evidenced by the fact we had to be observed for 20 minutes after recieving it. That isn't normal prsctise for a vaccine if you don't have any clinically valid allergies. ^^

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not really, there has been a lot of work done already on vaccines for viruses (SARS made it clear we needed to develop something).

What surprises me is the number of people that say they won't get the vaccine, the same people that are yelling that lockdown is wrong and all these medical protocols are unnecessary.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.