Nathan H asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 2 months ago

How much does it cost to buy a regular helicopter?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do you want a Robinson R22, a Boeing-Vertol CH-47D,or what? 

• 1 month ago

There ain't no such thing as a 'regular' helicopter.  You can buy a small helicopter in flying condition for as little $30,000 or spend as much as $8,000,000.  Maintenance will in either case, run more than the cost of the aircraft itself after a few years.  Better to find a nice Cessna 150 if you want to fly.

• 1 month ago

These other posts are correct.  I thought I'd like to get a pilots license, and get an old "Huey".   Heck they are like $70,000 to $100,000 and they are kinda high maintenance.   They are not much more than a flying trash can too.

A woman I know has a gyro-copter, and they are much cheaper but typically only hold the pilot.

• 2 months ago

Do you want a Robinson R22, a Boeing-Vertol CH-47D,or what? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zack
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The R22, a small two-seat helicopter, costs $270,000

The R44, a common four-seat helicopter, costs about $425,000

The Bell 206, a common turbine helicopter, costs about a million bucks, give or take a bit depending on the model.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Half a million bucks for a decent one.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Define "regular helicopter" . An Aerospatiale AS350 is a common turbine-powered helicopter that carries 4-6 people and costs $2.4 million USD. A Robinson R22 is a common 2-seat, piston-powered training helicopter that costs about $275,000 USD.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you need to ask you can't afford one. However a guide is $250,000–$1,700,000.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.