Will there be any 8K 120hz TVs in 2021?

If you're a tech nerd or have to be the first to have the best, there are two "reasons."

Not good ones, granted, but as a former tech nerd myself, I got tired of paying top dollar foe flawed first generation products at premium prices. In addition, I adopted each new format and as a result have boxes of recordings from 78 rpm records to a single digital format DVD that was rendered obsolete by Blu-ray before I even got a player for it, which is when I got smarter.

Now some of the old records were inherited & there is some cool (and not-so-cool) collectible stufg, to be sure. But do I really need a room full of old, outdated technology?

Maybe. Imagine if culture wars would take down the internet & my collection of old, outdated formats as well as the equipment & components became the only way to watch many old movies, tv shows & listen to music?

I would be a King. Dying of radiation poisoning like everyone else with no electricity, but for a brief moment...

Hmm...no electricity. I need a hand-cranked Victrola.

8K and up will be mainly for giant screens like industrial advertising etc where it can make a difference.

Sure, you can buy them right now at Best Buy. Example:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-q900...

There is No reason to buy an 8k TV.  

You will Never be able to benefit from its resolution.   

The screen would have to be twenty feet high and over 35 feet wide 

in order for you to see an improvement over 4k,   

which itself is useless unless the screen is at least a 65-incher.