I heard somewhere on Youtube that living in CO (Colorado) gives you more radiation...anyone know why? ?

If that's true, what's the reason! ..And no I do not live their, this is just out of curiousity. It's actually a place I'd really like to visit sometime soon as I think it's very beautiful! 

There*

Simple. The greater the altitude, the less atmosphere you have to act as a filter. Colorado is high and I don't mean from the legal marijuana.

Hi, it's true and not the only place either.  Certain rocks are naturally mildly radioactive.  In the past this was never a problem to humankind because it dissipates easily.  It's only become an issue in modern times as houses have become more tightly sealed and modern private well water systems are also entirely enclosed.  Where it's known issue builders have to adapt the ventilation to allow any trapped radiation to dissipate.  I grew up in an area with high radon content in the bedrock.  Only really old houses had cellars since the cheapest mitigation was simply to build houses on rafted foundations with ventilation under the house.  Finished basements were simply not allowed because they would always be a risk.