Are fortune tellers correct ?

I am 22 year old female, I don’t know if fortune tellers are correct with talking about the future and stuff like but idk. Would you trust a fortune teller? Truthfully 

• 3 days ago

I don't trust them enough to give them money. I give some my email and see if they have anything useful to say. They don't have anything useful, usually.

A reputable one will tell you what will happen in your life, IF YOUR CURRENT THOUGHTS AND ENERGIES STAY THE SAME. It’s what you will attract into your life. 

the future does not depend on your palm.   If somebody has no arm, they still have a future.   It depends on yourself, your choice.....

• R P

A good 90%+ are frauds and just do cold readings and say vague things.  Pretty much comes down to if they charge money, they are fake.

I myself do have some talents, so i  know there are some good apples out there,  but good luck finding them.

• ?

Do it for the entertainment value of it believing in it is something else.

• Phil M

Truth lies only in the present and the past. The future holds only opinion.

• Dubbs

There are a select few with a gift of foresight, but that doesn't mean all of them can be trusted. Some fortune tellers are frauds and the legit ones may not have full control of their gifts. And even if they do, bare in mind they're still human, and fallible.

Seeing into someone's future is not a guarantee that their vision or prediction will come to pass.  What they see is only potential future if nothing changes from your current path.

This makes legitimate psychics difficult to believe in, as they may have seen the probable outcome, but something unseen diverts the path.

You can go to a fortune teller and have your palm read or use some tarot cards and for all you know, they might be right. But they could also be fake. I'd proceed with healthy skepticism. If they were right, you could go to them again later. If not, no harm no foul.

Yes I would trust a fortune teller, but only because I know how they work.  And they're not psychic.

Any honest fortune teller will have a disclaimer that says their services are for entertainment purposes only.  The smart ones will have their customers sign a copy before anything begins.  That should tell you everything you need to know about their cosmic abilities.  If you think a psychic fortune teller is anything but a paid entertainer, you're completely immune to logic and reason.

One of my insurance customers was a local fortune teller shop, a rather successful one, and I went there to do a basic fire inspection.  I told the owner I'd love to know how fortune tellers do it, and she offered to show me exactly how it works.  If I paid the introductory price of $15 for a reading, she'd give me the full service and explain how she did it after it was done.  I couldn't resist, so I forked over the cash.

She did a reading for me just like any other customer, and I was extremely impressed.  I know she didn't have psychic powers, but she seemed to know details of my life that even my closest friends didn't know.  And true to her word, she answered all my questions once she was done.  Honestly, I would have been less impressed if she actually had psychic powers.

Her most effective technique was something called the Forer effect (aka the Barnum statement), which is the art of saying something really vague but making it sound really specific.  She pointed out that she never said I almost drowned in the rapids when I was 12, she just said I had a frightening experience involving water when I was younger.  Because who hasn't had a frightening experience with water?  I heard her say those words, and my mind drew the connection to a personal experience.

When she did make specific statements, she used a trick known as confirmation bias.  She told me that I was much more intelligent than any report card said when I was in school (true), that I appear self-confident but tend to be overly critical of myself at times (true), that I have a strong sense of right and wrong (true), and that sometimes I wonder if I made the right decisions in life (also true).  That stuff is true for everyone, because it's what everyone wants to hear.  It's amazing how often people will believe you when you're telling them what they want to hear.

Her other trick was called cold reading, which is the art of getting information from someone without them knowing they're giving it.  She knew I was "in a serious committed relationship but sometimes I have doubts" by seeing the gold wedding band on my finger.  She didn't use the Force to know I was a "locally famous musician", she saw the guitar pick in my wallet when I opened it to pay for the reading.  Cold reading is so effective it's used by detectives when questioning suspects, and so sneaky it's not allowed in a court of law.

That's what I trust fortune tellers to do, and that's why they get paid.

Usually no, but i can tell you now your having a misery life if you don't break up with that no good & don't pay 'em bills on time.

No, I wouldn't.  However, sometimes they say things that resonate with you and become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Remember, you are in charge of your destiny, not some screwball who does a cold read on you and interprets tarot cards to tell you what you want to hear.  And yes, this is coming from some one who did tarot readings in college as a way to get some extra spending money.