Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

How do you promote your book before it gets published?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Amber
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not just the book you want to promote. What you want to promote is yourself and there are many different ways to do that.

My friend created  portfolio of work from short-stories to novels and she did actual leg work. And, interestingly it wasn't even the novel she wanted published that got published. She got another chance simply by having another piece of work available. She went to writing festivals and put herself in the same room as editors, agents and publishers. She used writing forums and writing groups you got to in person to make connections. She didn't just write a book and try and publish it. She wrote 10 books and 30 short stories and kept the best ones to show. 

Unless you're self-publishing you need to do leg work and even with self-publishing you need to have connections and a fan base. Right now join writing forums and start getting your work out there. Make a blog, a youtube channel. Don't think about promoting your book at this stage, just yourself, your knowledge and your skill. Get people interested with free stuff and free samples. It's a long road to getting published and it could take some years to build yourself a solid fan base. Whether it is self or traditional publishing, you should always be prepared to do your own promoting. Best of luck.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't. My time is always best spent writing another book. Publishers may demand you post things on social media, but it doesn't drive sales.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.