Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 2 months ago

Should I post this on Instagram? ?

My Instagram profile has gone by a theme, mainly with my landscape photography and other photography that I have done. I recently got a new camera and I’m very excited about it. Would it look good in my feed if I posted a picture of my camera? Or would that take away from the overall feel of my feed with my landscape photos? I know this isn’t really too big of a life decision, but I like to keep things looking good and organized. 

• Steven

Yes you have to post it own Instagram, because everybody loves nature and hope you will surely get compliments. 

• Stage your camera in some fantastic setting and take a picture of it in the style of your other photos. On my IG, I post only the food I cook, but I also once posted the possums that almost joined us for dinner and me holding an alligator another time. It really did nothing to harm my feed!

• Sumi

If you want your feed to be about your work and not your gear, then don't post an image of your gear.  No experienced photographer really gives a hoot about what camera you own.

Now, if your IG page was gear-centric, then sure, post a photo of your gear.

If you are getting questions regarding your gear, then simply answer the question or post a photo with gear information within the caption.

• keerok

It's your page. You put whatever you want to. It doesn't hurt to show off once in a while too.

It would only be relevant if you posted a good picture taken by your new camera and mentioned it in text/caption. Just remember, a better camera doesn't necessarily make you a better photographer, it just offers you the potential improve.

No one cares.