Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Can I be a Christian, and still watch 'R' rated movies?

Favorite Answer

Christians have great freedom to make wise choices in this area. Two of my favorite movies are "Gettysburg" and "Saving Private Ryan." If I'm not mistaken, they are both rated R. My conscience is not bothered in the slightest by watching these movies. On the other hand, there are many PG-13 movies that contain so much sexual content and other garbage, that I wouldn't waste my time watching them. The bottom line is that this is a Rom. 14 issue. You have freedom, but realize that not everything is edifying and you don't want to be a stumblingblock to others.

Do you know where you are going when you die? The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Rico

Depends on the reason for the R rating. 

The Passion of The Christ, has an R rating due to the depiction of violence in the scourging and crucifixion scenes. 

Does watching those movies cause you to commit sin?

if YES than YOU should not watch them.

if NO then what is the problem?

you need to ask god that question

• Yeah sure if they say no just ignore them there's nothing wrong in watching any kind of movies whatever your religion is