Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

How do I get through my high school graduation ceremony?

Over 100 students will graduate, meaning I have to sit there and wait for their names to be called one-by-one. That will take at least 2 hours. I also can't use my phone to pass the time, so how do I get through it? It's a snooze fest.

Don't attend.  Seems like a simple solution.

• L

You get through it like everyone else graduating.........you just do it.  2-hours is nothing compared to the rest of your life.

Bring an M16 and hide it in a violin case, then when the countdown of names starts, pull it out and enjoy the looks on all their faces

Source(s): Smithsonian

OMFG talk about first world problems!!! Heres a newsflash for you~~ the world doesn't rotate around you, there are going to be times, many of them, actually, where you are going to have to grow a pair and sit through things that you don't like. It's called adulting. You are on your way to doing a hella big pile of it Booboo, so get used to that fact. And how about this~ rather than whining that you have to sit for two hours, try showing some pride in the fact that you and your friends (if you have any, with that attitude) did something worthwhile and you are there to cheer them on. And for the record, I, and many others, absolutely hate, Hate, HATE people who are tethered to a phone and don't have the skills or the ability to put the damn thing away and actually act like a person rather than a tech-zombie. And for the record, when I see you or one of your zombie friends smash into a door because you were looking at your phone I WILL laugh very loudly and point at you. 

With a big glass of wine.

Talk about first-world problems.  Get over yourself. 

Boring people get bored easily, don't they? Read a book.

skip attending.  problem solved

Yeah, sometimes we have to sit through things that aren't very entertaining- like family dinners, church services--- and graduations. It won't kill you. As a faculty member, I have to go to graduation nearly every semester, 3 times a year. I amuse myself by watching the women try to walk in high heels they can't handle, looking to see who makes a fool of himself while walking across the stage,  and planning what I'm going to do when I get home.

It doesn't take 2 hours for 100 students to walk across a stage. We graduate many more than that in an hour and a half, complete with speeches.