Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 3 weeks ago

Can you purchase a real slot machine in Las Vegas if you're a California resident?

I know they won't ship it to CA cause it's illegal but can I go to Vegas and pick one up? Or do they ask for ID and won't sell it to a CA resident?

I know I can legally own a 25 year old slot machine but I want the fancy new video ones. I don't care if it doesn't take real money, I just love slot machines!

Sure, they don't care where you are from.  The legality of the machine where you are bringing it is your problem, not theirs.

• kswck2

If the machine is illegal in California, how are you going to get it serviced when it needs some? 

I realize they won't dispatch it to CA cause it's illicit yet would i be able to go to Vegas and get one? Or on the other hand do they request ID and won't offer it to a CA occupant?

I realize I can legitimately possess a 25 year old gaming machine however I need the extravagant new video ones. I couldn't care less in the event that it doesn't take genuine cash, I simply love gaming machines

• ?

If you buy a slot machine and it's set for free play, it's no longer a gambling device, it's a video game.