Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 4 months ago

when can I hold my mice and her babies?

My mouse had babies and I know your not supposed to pick up the mom or the babies until sometime. When can i pick them up? I don't want to start holding them too early but I also want them to get used to human interaction. Also another thing. Can we keep a female? Or will they fight? I know with some animals you cant keep the babies. Please answer!!

Favorite Answer

I held babies from day 1. The moms didn't mind because they trusted me. If shes wary of you give it a few days or longer if she shows signs of stress. Keep handling times short when they are really young. 

Female mice need to be in pairs or groups. Keep as many girls as you want and have space for. Boys will fight each other and need their own separate cages.