Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesMercedes-Benz · 3 months ago

Can I temporary use regular gas on 2010 Mercedes GLK 350?

The computer systems can handle many grades of gasoline.   However if you want the car to preform as designed then you need to use premium.    I have had two Mercedes SUVs that have premium listed as what to use in them.   I found if I am just driving around the town,  not towing,  not having a full vehicle of people,  not driving fast I can use regular.   BUT if I need to go over the mountains,  pull a trailer or fill the vehicle up or drive a long distance at freeway speeds I fill up with premium.  I have had no problems.

• Jay P

If you read the owner's manual, they will say yes, but advise you to keep the engine speed down and to fill back up with premium soon to bring the octane rating back up.

Not a good idea if it requires Premium. When you hear "pinging" under acceleration the noise is caused by pre-ignition and it actually eats away at the top of the pistons.