Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 2 months ago

How do I get rid of heavy furnishings and items?

I live in California and am moving but have some heavy furnishings and a refrigerator that I wan to get rid of without leaving them on the street, which is not a good idea. How do I get rid of furnishings and other big items?

• User

Removals Redditch for swift move

• ?

Go on your local facebook Market Place site and create a time for FREE ITEMS to be picked up. Then, list and or photograph the items up for grabs. Be sure to create road signage (FREE STUFF) so people can easily locate your house.

Just make sure you clearly mark "FREE" on items up for grabs. Have friends be present so you are not distracted while people make off with your television and favorite chair!

• Ann

See if there's some organization that will take them for donation purposes.

Step by step instructions to Get Rid of Old Furniture and Large Items of Trash

See whether your waste administration/nearby piece yard will take enormous things.

In case you're supplanting it with another thing, check whether the old stuff can be pulled away.  

Rundown the thing on the web, regardless of whether it's old and gross.  

Put it on the control with a "free" sign.  

Give it and get it gotten for nothing.

• Kate

Call a local Charity or Op Shop and they will come and collect it and donate it to needy family.

Either advertise with a "pickup only" thing, or a few tools, contractor bags, and trips to a dump will solve the issue.

Have a yard sale?  Might as well make a buck.

Probably requires an act of god in CA.

Craigslist and Nextdoor have worked for me.

• CB

Take them to the Landfill or advertise them on Freecycle.org.