Is it possible in Canada to still get hot weather in the summer?

Is Toronto as warm as NYC, DC & can temperatures even approach Florida & California levels? Is Canada as cold as people make out along the US border & mainly cold in the north?

Manitoba gets the hottest.  90f in the summer. For a few short weeks. 

• F

I was in Canada four years ago , for most of June 2016. On arrival in Calgary it was 4 C  but 3 weeks later in Whistler it was 32C.

• No it's not cold during summer in Canada. There was one chilly rainy summer in 2008, but I like to think that was a hick up. 

Last year Toronto (I live out side of Toronto) was mostly above 30 degrees C, there was even a few days above 40 degrees C. That's about 80-100 degrees F. 

I've been in Winnipeg when it was 40C.

• ?

It's more than possible to get hot weather in the summer in Canada.  It happens every year, in fact.

And yes, Toronto's weather is almost exactly like DC and NYC.  They're only a few hours' drive from each other.

No, Canada is not as cold as Americans along the northern border say it must be.  Americans, generally speaking, are incredibly well educated about life and politics in their own country.  But, also generally speaking, they don't know crap about the rest of the world.  Many Americans see themselves as the most educated, enlightened and developed society in the world, and they do have valid reasons for thinking so.  But they're also wrong.

• Foofa

Owing to the "lake effect" summer in Toronto can be as oppressive and muggy as summer in Florida. But coastal Canada has a different climate than the interior and the weather in the east resembles Maine while the weather in the west is much like Seattle. 

Yes, it can get hot in Canada in the summer.

Perhaps the highest temperatures are not as hot as Florida and California can get, but yes, the southern parts of Canada get hot weather in summer.

Near Toronto; we spend more on summer A/C than on winter heat.

I grew up in the hottest place in Canada, which looks a lot like the land where they film Westerns.  In fact, they film some of them there, because it is a desert, with temperatures up to the 50C (120F) range or so.  Yes; it can become VERY hot in Canada, depending on where you are.

I live in the Yukon Territory now, in a place often the coldest in the world in winter, but even here, it can go up to 30C in the summer.