Drama Section: IYO, Who is/was the best Smallville couple of all time?

1. Clark Kent (Tom Welling) and Lois Lane (Erica Durance)

2. Jimmy Olsen (Aaron Ashmore) and Chloe Sullivan (Allison Mack)

3. Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum) and Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk)

4. Jonathan Kent (John Schneider) and Martha Kent (Annette O'Toole)

5. Whitney Fordman (Eric Johnson) and Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk)

6. Jason Teague (Jensen Ackles) and Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk)

7. Clark Kent (Tom Welling) and Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk)

8. Other (Any other Smallville couples that is not on the list?)

Favorite Answer

Clark Kent (Tom Welling) and Lois Lane (Erica Durance)

Man, you LOVE lists.  Are you like paid by Y/A to make questions that aren't trolls?  There are better ways that Y/A could tamp down on the trolling.

*sigh* I really don't recall loving any of these couples.  I guess the Kents (4 on your list) were the best, but they were really just there as Wisdom Vending Machines for Clark.  We didn't experience their relationship with each other very much.

I liked Chloe the best of any character in that show.  She was a little 'too smart' as is the cliche in these kinds of shows, but she also filled the everyman role that I felt was meant for Pete Ross.  She was the normal person through whose eyes we experienced the world.  

But I did NOT particularly like the Jimmy Olsen from that show...to be fair, I don't like the Jimmy Olsen from most Superman treatments.  This one probably is one of the better ones, but Jimmy is the naive wide-eyed kid who idolizes Superman and sort of expresses the 'OH MY GOD!' factor.  The 90210 actor played less of that, which was good as it made his Jimmy more relevant...but it also felt unfaithful to the long term narrative.  Especially him meeting Clark and the gang before Superman.  I just didn't love weaving Olsen and Lois into a prequel narrative of Superman.  Like you can't tell a prequel of the Arthurian Legend and have him meet Lancelot and Gwen when they were all kids...it undermined the mythology.