Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 months ago

What is the best way to remove ear wax?

The inside of the ear feels gooey with earwax. Water and shampoo seem to help. Q tips help but even so the ear still feels gooey. How do I completely remove ear wax so that when I use the Q tip it remains pure white and the inside feels like smooth and dry skin? Also, can a Qtip reach far enough inside to touch the eardrum? I think earwax is meant to protect the eardrum from catching bacteria. Also the further inside the ear you go, the skin begins to feel more bonelike. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Earwax is both natural and necessary. Excessive poking with a qtip or anything else can lead to deafness.

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Over the years I used a couple drops of hydrogen peroxide in ear cause it loosens the wax where can clean it out. Bout best thing know for it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.