Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

Will there still be some cases of COVID-19 in the year 2025 (also called the quarter of the way to the 22nd century year)?

I'm sure there will be a few cases even after the vaccine arrives in the world. Just like the flu,  or polio, there will still be some cases.   But however not as many as there are now.  

Favorite Answer

We don't know.  I'm pretty sure there will still be strains of influenza.  There are even other strains of coronavirus which cause the common cold.  But this is the only coronavirus now that causes SARS in humans.  The other two SARS coronaviruses actually went extinct without any use of vaccines.  Maybe this one will too, though it doesn't look like it at this point.

• Andy C

Obsession eventually brings people down.   I see that you are well on your way!