Can someone describe tattoo pain?

During and after please?

Thank You. I'm scared but I'm so desperate to have them done. I'll think I'll just bite down hard

I was very scared to get mine. I could feel the needles and that is what it felt like. Needles. It didn't go numb and it hurt like scratching a bad sunburn over and over mixed with a bunch of vaccines. It was a surprisingly not hot or cold pain either, it was a room temp pain, if that makes sense. 

However, after it is done it doesn't hurt much and the rush made me feel great for a day or 2, so euphoric. I see why people get addicted.

• ?

I was terrified of getting a tattoo to the point I put it off for years. My first one was on my chest right under my clavicle. Honestly, the rubbing of the paper towel hurt more. Although when I did get it touched up it hurt a bit more. My second one was on my arm right under my inner forearm ditch. There were a couple of moments where it really hurt but nothing more than making a face. I would describe it like a cat scratch in a way. Different artists also tattoo differently meaning some can be a bit rougher than others. But a good artist usually tries really hard to make sure you are comfortable. My second artist kept me talking the entire time so I was distracted and not thinking about pain. It is not that bad but I do recommend starting small so you know before you end up with an unfinished peace. Also, I recommend requesting off the next day off work because I always sleep really badly at night after a tattoo and am exhausted the next day. Good luck!

Actually I dislike Tattoos.

i just got a tattoo over by my ankle and it did sting at first especially since it is my first, but the pain afterwards is maybe like a bee sting. And  now i go about my day feeling as if it’s not there. 

I’m actually going to get my second one tomorrow. But the one I got the first time was on my ankle and it wasn’t too horrible. I’d rate the pain probably a 7 though 

• ?

it all depends where on your body you get it and also the size and detail of it

• V.G

It's different for each person, I only felt pain for the first five or six minutes; then I started watching what the tattoo artist was doing and only felt a slight scratching. I did feel a pain for about  an hour afterwards (like I'd been punched in the arm.) 

Source(s): I have 42 tattoos.

I'd been wanting one for ages but kept putting it off because I was scared of the pain and was worried how my skin would react.

I decided to go for a skin test to get one of the issues sorted and tbh, I'd hoped they would have done a wee needle to test that so I could feel the pain at the same time as the skin test but that didn't happen. 

I got my first tattoo a week later and it's at the top of my left are. Everyone I asked described it different (although no one has described it like slow cutting like some have in this post). People kept describing it to me like multiple Bee stings, but I've never bee a stung either. 

The way I describe it is like scratching sunburn or someone taking a sharp biro pen really hard and drawing on you.

Honestly...do it. Your body gets used to the pain whatever you feel and you WILL want another one after you've got your first. Just make sure you have a good meal before hand and take some sugary juice with you for during incase you need it 😊

• ?

Really depends on WHERE you're getting it. The universals seem to be chest, ribs, stomach, and neck. Those places hurt to get tattooed on everyone, no matter what. Other people have different opinions. I have thighs and the under sides of my arms done, and that wasn't SO bad, but some people swear the fleshy bits hurt more. For me? Not terrible. I have a bat on my back that is on part of my spine, and THAT SUCKED royally. Just grinding on the bone was not pleasant, but again, some people think bone hurts a lot less than flesh. And a few, I had to put myself in weird positions, so being all twisted up was not fun. Fingers hurt, top of foot didn't really bother me, forearms were good, hips were good (until he got to a little bit on my stomach, NOT FUN), chest SUCKED. At the end of the day, I mean, they ALL hurt.

The healing process mostly stings, then itches, then you're done and over it. Some of mine swelled a bit, some weeped, some scabbed. It's all over within 3 weeks or so, and you have to be careful not to bump it or knock it, and follow all instructions. 

It's like a cross between a burning sensation and someone scraping at your skin with a needle, meaning it has the constantness of burning but the feel of being scraped with something sharp. The pain rides the cusp of what you can tolerate such that you continually go back and forth between, "No, I can't handle this," and, "I have to handle this because he's already started," and you wonder if the next thing out of your mouth is just going to be an involuntary, "Nope, nope, nope, you've gotta stop," but you keep pushing that down because you're vain enough not to want to have a permanent thing on your body that's jacked up and is pretty much a constant reminder and telltale sign to anyone who sees it that you totally pussed out, which is what keeps most people in it for the long-haul. Plus, the tattoo artist does take periodic breaks to change needles and get more ink and whatnot, so right when you think you're going to lose it, he seems to take a break just long enough that you're able to get your head back together. Also, the outline is noticeably more scrapy-burny than the fill-in, and they tell you that, so you just keep bargaining with yourself that you just have to get through the first part, the outline, because the second part, filling it in, will be easier. It's still painful, though, and by that point you've kinda had it, so it being moderately less painful becomes less noticeable than you had hoped, but you stick it out because now you're in the final stretch, or at least well over halfway through this marathon of hell, far enough that the end is in sight.