Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 2 months ago

Are 18-19 year olds teens or adults?

legally they are adults, in my country (New Zealand) you're legally allowed to drink, get married and do all other adult things at 18 years old.

but i think physically they're still teens, I'm turning 18 in less than a month and i don't feel like an adult, i feel the same way I've felt the last 2 years and it's stressing me out, I'm not ready for adulthood lol

• L

Both.  Legally, once a person turns 18-years of age, he or she is considered an Adult.

TEENS. WHY? eighTEEN, nineTEEN. TEEN. TEEN. 

Adults are those aged 21 and older.

Older teens/young adults.

By law they are adults, if they do a crime they will get charged as an adult. There isn't no if, ands, or buts about it! But as long as it say "teen" at the end, it is a teenager but late teen classified as an adult!

Late teens and young adults.

No you are a child till 15.  They can not send you to prison under that age.  At 15 do a crime & off to prison you go. 

• helene

Why do people fixate so much on this INCREDIBLY UNIMPORTANT THING?

Their AGE is a number ending in "teen."

Their STATUS is adult.

The names for the numbers existed for hundreds and thousands of years before there was ever a concept of "teenager." That was a 20th-century invention. It doesn't have any real meaning.

Both.

For most, by 18 or 19, they have finished the required education (high school) and they can get a full time job.  (no hour restrictions based on age).  They can enter into contracts for renting apartments or taking out loans or credit cards.  (if they qualify - but age is not the factor that prevents it).  They can vote at 18.

In some areas, they can even drink alcohol at 18 - but many areas still reserve that one for age 21 and older.

So, their age still ends in "teen" - making them still a "teenager" but they can take on the responsibilities of being an adult.

• mokrie

TEEN. As in eighteen.