Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 2 months ago

Are 18-19 year olds teens or adults?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

legally they are adults, in my country (New Zealand) you're legally allowed to drink, get married and do all other adult things at 18 years old.

but i think physically they're still teens, I'm turning 18 in less than a month and i don't feel like an adult, i feel the same way I've felt the last 2 years and it's stressing me out, I'm not ready for adulthood lol

• L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Both.  Legally, once a person turns 18-years of age, he or she is considered an Adult.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

TEENS. WHY? eighTEEN, nineTEEN. TEEN. TEEN. 

Adults are those aged 21 and older.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Older teens/young adults.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

By law they are adults, if they do a crime they will get charged as an adult. There isn't no if, ands, or buts about it! But as long as it say "teen" at the end, it is a teenager but late teen classified as an adult!

• 2 months ago

Late teens and young adults.

• 2 months ago

No you are a child till 15.  They can not send you to prison under that age.  At 15 do a crime & off to prison you go. 

• helene
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why do people fixate so much on this INCREDIBLY UNIMPORTANT THING?

Their AGE is a number ending in "teen."

Their STATUS is adult.

The names for the numbers existed for hundreds and thousands of years before there was ever a concept of "teenager." That was a 20th-century invention. It doesn't have any real meaning.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Both.

For most, by 18 or 19, they have finished the required education (high school) and they can get a full time job.  (no hour restrictions based on age).  They can enter into contracts for renting apartments or taking out loans or credit cards.  (if they qualify - but age is not the factor that prevents it).  They can vote at 18.

In some areas, they can even drink alcohol at 18 - but many areas still reserve that one for age 21 and older.

So, their age still ends in "teen" - making them still a "teenager" but they can take on the responsibilities of being an adult.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

TEEN. As in eighteen. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.